You may share personal information when using the Gamers Desire Services. One example is when you take certain actions on the Gamers Desire Services that are public or intended to be public in nature, such as when you upload mods. Given the social nature of some of the Gamers Desire Services, that information may be collected, used, or disclosed by others who are part of that social interaction. In addition, some features of the Gamers Desire Services are designed to provide others with information about user activity, such as identifying the user who uploaded a particular image. We encourage you to be mindful of this when considering your activity on the Gamers Desire Services.
By using the Gamers Desire Services, you expressly consent to the information handling practices described in this Policy.
Personal Information Gamers Desire Collects
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when we provide the Gamers Desire Services. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Gamers Desire Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use the Gamers Desire Services.
- User-provided Information: You may provide a variety of information about yourself to us, such as your name or email address upload content or products from the Gamers Desire Services or otherwise use the features and functionality of the Gamers Desire Services.
- Automatically Collected Information: When you access the Gamers Desire Services we may automatically record and store certain information about your system by using cookies and other types of technologies. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters that are sent to your browser. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result. Examples of such information we automatically collect may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), a unique user ID, device and browser types and identifiers, referring and exit page addresses, software and system type, and information about your usage of Gamers Desire Services. Examples of how Gamers Desire uses automatically collected information include to: (a) automatically update the Vortex application on your system, if you have it installed; (b) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the Gamers Desire Services; (c) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (d) monitor the effectiveness of marketing campaigns; (e) monitor and store aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and (f) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- Information from Other Sources: Gamers Desire uses third parties in order to process your data and to help us in our statistical analysis on the site and help us make informed decisions about the number of users who make use of Gamers Desire Services. Gamers Desire does not buy in data from any third parties, or sell on your data to any third parties.
List of third party services that Gamers Desire uses that may contain personal information
- Google Analytics: used for statistical analysis of site users
- Google reCaptcha: used to help prevent bots and malicious users from accessing the site
- Discord: used for internal communication between staff that may contain discussions or logs containing user data
How Gamers Desire Uses Personal Information
Gamers Desire uses such information to operate, maintain, enhance, provide, create, and develop all of the features, functionality, and services (new or existing) found on the Gamers Desire Services; improve your experience with the Gamers Desire Services by delivering content that we hope you will find relevant and interesting, including advertising and marketing messages and understand the usage trends of our users.
We use your email address to communicate with you. To contact you regarding any content that you have posted to the Gamers Desire Services.
Gamers Desire will rely on legal grounds to process your personal information to the extent permitted by applicable law, which may include, without limitation: to honour contractual commitments, to take steps in anticipation of entering into contract, to fulfil legal obligations, your consent, and Gamers Desire legitimate interests.
When Gamers Desire Discloses Personal Information
Gamers Desire does not share information that can identify you personally with third parties for their marketing or promotional uses without your consent. We may share such information for the following purposes:
Gamers Desire may disclose user information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with German or EU laws or other applicable laws around the world (for example, in the country of your residence), or respond to a court order, judicial or other government request, subpoena, or warrant in the manner legally required.
Gamers Desire also reserves the right to disclose information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to protect Gamers Desire from potential liability or from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims, or allegations; protect the security or integrity of the Gamers Desire Services; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Gamers Desire, our users, or others.
You may decline to share certain information with Gamers Desire, in which case Gamers Desire may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Gamers Desire Services. For other requests to review, update, delete, or otherwise limit Gamers Desire’s use of information that you have provided directly to Gamers Desire, you may contact email@example.com. In your request, please include your email address, name, address and specify all relevant background. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access or making corrections to your information.
Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), can exercise certain data subject rights available to them under applicable data protection laws. We will comply with requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. Please note that in some circumstances, we may need to keep processing your information for certain legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. If these rights apply to you, they may permit you to request that we:
- Obtain access to or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you
- Prevent the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- Update personal information that is out of date or incorrect
- Delete certain personal information we hold about you
- Restrict the way that we process and disclose specific personal information about you
- Transfer your personal information to a third-party provider of services
- Revoke consent that you previously provided for the processing of your personal information
If applicable, you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
Advertisers and Analytics Providers
We may use third-party Web analytics services in connection with the Gamers Desire Services, such as those of Google Analytics, its advertising features. These service providers use a variety of tracking technologies such as cookies to analyze how users use the Gamers Desire Services. The information collected (described above in “Automatically Collected Information”) will be collected directly by these service providers to evaluate your use of the Gamers Desire Services. For more information on how Google Analytics uses data from our websites and how you can control the information sent to Google, head here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en-GB&gl=uk. To learn about opting out of Google Analytics, please head here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Because these opt outs are cookie-based, please note that if you get a new computer or device, install or start using a new browser, or erase or alter your browser’s cookie file, you may need to opt out again.
Gamers Desire may allow advertisers, third-party advertising networks and third-party advertising serving companies to serve advertisements directly to you within the Gamers Desire Services and other Gamers Desire sites, services and software. By serving these advertisements directly to you, these companies can set their own cookies on your computer and trigger their own Web beacons and other tracking technologies to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements, and to collect and track information such as demographic information, inferred interests, aggregated information, and activity to assist them in personalizing the advertising content delivered to you. Gamers Desire does not provide information that personally identifies you to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent. However, if you respond to an advertisement that targets a certain audience (for example, males age 15 to 18 who have participated in certain promotions), the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience that they were trying to reach.
Gamers Desire uses a variety of managerial, technical, and physical measures to protect the integrity and security of your information. These measures may vary based on the sensitivity of your information. However, no security precautions or systems can be completely secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Gamers Desire, and you do so at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Retention of Your Information
IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE Gamers Desire SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Gamers Desire does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 13 years-of-age. If Gamers Desire learns that personal information of persons under 13-years-of-age has been collected on or through the Gamers Desire Services, Gamers Desire will take appropriate steps to delete this information.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become a Gamers Desire Services member, then please contact Gamers Desire at firstname.lastname@example.org to have that child’s account terminated and personal information deleted.
For residents of the EEA, where processing of personal information is based on consent, Gamers Desire will not knowingly engage in that processing for users under the age of consent established by applicable data protection law. If we learn that we are engaged in that processing with such users, we will halt such processing and will take reasonable measures to promptly remove applicable information from our records.
Merger or Sale
In the event that Gamers Desire, or some or all assets related to the Gamers Desire Services are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity or in connection with a contemplated change of ownership transaction, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control event.
International Data Transfers
Gamers Desire Contact Information
Last updated on April 4. 2019